Monday, April 13, 2009

AD isn't for anonymous anymore.

The marketing is going to be changed new way that more friendly and closely to anonymous customers. Marketing is not only TV commercials, newspapers, and billboards, but also individual customers, some group who recognized preference though Internet.


I am enjoying Facebook. There is a lot of internet marketing materials from the product companies or even from the fans. For example, Hershey's Chocolate in Facebook is a fan site of Hershey’s chocolate. I am also a fan of this site and share the new products and commercials with other fans. Good thing is that I am already fan of Hershey’s, but I have some product that I never tried before. In my case, some people, who I never knew before, he/ she comments that recommend some chocolate. Then I think, ‘oh I should try this.’

The other example is Ben and Jerry, Ice-cream Company, also do marketing in Facebook. It’s a little different from Hershey’s. This is actual advertisement and it’s give me a fun and my friends who play this. I can send many Ben & Jerry ice cream ( I can choose specific item from the pictures) to my friends as a gift. It isn’t charge any money from me, but it is fun gifts and I and my friends get used to their product. Moreover we knew that Ben & Jerry have ice cream sandwiches and yogurt type ice cream. After play these web site, when I went to grocery shopping, I looked at these items than others.

How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Jeesun,

    Yes - I agree that when brands feel confident enough to market in this way it is a good thing. Recommendations from friends are a great way to grow sales.

    ReplyDelete