Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New search engine? Bing?

I’d heard about Microsoft new search engine ‘Bing’ from the last marketing class on Monday.

My professor told us about that, and he expects Bing will possibly have a great position in search engine market in couple years. When I heard about that I was “Really? Someone will beat with Google? Is it easy even though that is MS?” I am kind of curious and others look same as me.

So, I was googled Bing. There was Bing sponsored link came up at the first and Bing official page as well.

Microsoft said that Bing is a 'decision engine' and the explanation under Bing is this Live Search is evolving. Welcome to Bing. The sound of found. Get the inside scoop on Bing ...

I clicked and then bang.

The first impression of Bing is different. The opening page has colors, mouse over images and boxes which get pointers to searches related to image. It is really look creative and being live for me. Being different as well.

After I looked up the Bing, I’ve got couples impression.

First, Search information is feeling similar to Google for me. However, there is better thing of Bing is that Bing shows ‘related searches’ on the side.

Second, It is an Image. When I searched Beyonce’s image, the result is great. I can find the pictures easier way because it sorts by some tabs such as size, layout, color, style, and people. Besides ‘Relative people’ result following the images, this is what I like Bing.

Third, It is a shopping. I think, Bing has very good service for shopping as well. Moreover, Bing give you a $$, cash back to you.

Fourth, It is about travel. I searched fright fare from Chicago to Seoul, Korea. Bing gave me 130 results in a second. I don’t need to go and search many travel sites anymore. You can compare with other sites, Bing posts major travel web site banner on the side, so you just need to click them, and then you will get result from the sites. It is great and Bing even recommends you a better time to buy tickets.

I know, there are a lot of arguments about whose better on search engine.

So far, I like Bing in some way that I said before. Google is top now and Bing is just starts. We will see who is going to be the next top search engine.

Here is a video about Bing.

Introducing Bing - A Decision Engine from Microsoft

No comments:

Post a Comment